Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Helicopter crash in my canal

On sunday night, I was reading a book just before I went to bed. I shut the book and turned off the light and then closed my eyes. All of a sudden, there was a buzzing noise in my ear and before I knew it, this damned little fly went inside my ear! So I shook my head a couple of times and decided to sleep. Unfortuately for my sleep, the fly was still lodged in my ear. How do I know that? It started intermittently flapping its wings which sounded like a noisy helopter was tring to take off but was not succeeding. How does one sleep when there is a helicopter base next to your home? Tough, right. Now imagine that inside your ear.
It was like the tranlating babel fish (from Hitchhiker's... ) only that it could only translate in to an annoying "zzzzz...zzzzzzz.....zzzzzzzzzz". I tried to get it out - ear buds, tweezers and so on... I knew it didnt go too far inside my ear canal because i couldnt feel any pain. Nothing worked. By then, it was almost an hour past my bedtime and there was no way I could sleep with that sound. Lack of sleep always makes me mad and cranky. I went to the kitchen, took some hot water and I poured it inside my ear. I heard "ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...ZZZZZZ....Z...zzz...zz..z..."..then silence. YES, I drowned it !!!!! And then I went to sleep.

Its Tuesday morning now and I am still alive.

No comments: