Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Only food on my mind

I am sure most people go through these times when they crave for some particular kind of food. Only in my case, its very often. Too often in fact ! I visited the bay area last month to meet with some old friends from India and you can guess where I took them first -- ofcourse, Saravana Bhavan ! Beautiful soft white idlis with tasty coconut chutney that melt in your mouth, crispy dosai made with a touch of ghee, the smell of coriander-laden Sambar and divine pongal dotted with whole pepper.
Now before anyone starts accusing me of being plain lazy and saying that its possible to make all these at home, well, I try. So when I make idlis, they look off-white (reminds me of some toothpaste ad) and never quite as soft and they never taste that nice. The dosais are not too bad but something is sure missing. I am quite happy with the pongal i make but i could be happier.
So what I am saying is, I dont have a choice but to move close to Saravana Bhavan. And at this time in my life, I am not keen on moving to Chennai, which leaves me with ....... the Bay area.

No comments: