Thursday, June 30, 2005

Online shopping

Just bought a gift for a friend on Amazon. Man, you gotta love online shopping. I really like Amazon's UI and the cool features like storing the list of things you recently looked at, your recent orders, their recommender engine, etc.
I also frequently use their movie database (imdb) too, especially the user comments. Now I am not one of those people who try not to read the storyline or the ending before watching the movie. I usually don't like wasting my time on boring movies (well, except for those lazy weekends when I watch all the gory/absolutely bad/ alien/insect movies on the sc-fi channel where you can predict who is going to die next based on their characterizations). So I usually have to check out the movie reviews on imdb before i watch anything. And this has worked very well so far. Is there anything similar for Tamil movies where it is easier to search and read comments and reviews? Imdb does have non-English movies but the list is quite limited. I occassionally read reviews on teakada.com. Gotta love to their name.

(sidenote: I made some thakkali chutney a few days back and it tasted awesome. The trick, I am guessing, was to blanch the tomatoes ? )

No comments: